My Purpose and His Plan

   In the summer of 2017, during my time overseas, God completely broke me (in the best way possible). During the first half of my trip, I was filled with so many lies from the Devil: I am a nuisance, no one wants me on this team, I can't speak with people, I'm not good enough, I AM WORTHLESS. These lies had overtaken me and my identity. I felt like I had no purpose on the team... or in life.

   But God broke me, to the point that I could no longer hold it in. One morning, surrounded by my beloved Christian sisters, the pain and self-doubt just poured out. And as I sat there, weeping, unable even to whisper God's name, these amazing ladies came around me, wrapping me in their arms, crying out to the Lord on my behalf. And He showed up... He filled me with more peace, joy, love, and confidence than I have ever felt in my life. He reminded me of my identity in Him and His love for me and has permanently redeemed my heart for Himself.

   Since that day, God has continually drawn me closer to himself, revealing more and more of Himself to me and reminding me of the depth of His love. I am forever grateful for that pain and self-doubt, as it led me to where I am today, and for my beloved Christian sisters. God has done a wonderful work in my life, and I can't wait to see what He does next!

L to R: Alyson, Beth, Morgan, me, Cass, & Micaela

Comments

Popular Posts